Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
NuORDER by Lightspeed has a strong history of innovation and has built the leading wholesale B2B commerce platform in the cloud.
We’re looking for a Director of Quality Assurance who will focus on all aspects of quality engineering for our platform.
This role would be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the NuORDER platform Quality Assurance Program definition and operations. This role works with Engineering Leadership, Staff and the CTO to grow the company and improve Quality of Products and Services through the analysis of current outcomes, applying best practices, and prioritizing the deployment of financial and technical resources to drive a consistent experience in the highly available NuORDER platform for internal and external stakeholders.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a company who is the leader in its market and continues to invest in expanding its advantage. In addition, you'll work in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment with experienced industry leaders.
For this job, we are open to office based or remote candidates based in Eastern NoAm or EMEA, as much as you are ok with occasional travels to your teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create and communicate an overall vision for software quality within the company, setting goals and recommending changes and improvements to achieve these goals.
- Champion the customer experience and ensure that we are collectively delivering a high-quality product.
- Develop a culture of automated testing that accelerates software delivery with the goal of a continual deployment model.
- Lead the transition from Quality Assurance to Quality Engineering, where test engineers develop automated tests in lock-step with new feature development.
- Drive continual reduction of QA efforts related to the release through the implementation of automated test execution.
- Develop management systems and performance measurement dashboards to transparently track and report on performance.
- Develop and continue to drive KPIs for objective quality measurements
- Proactively identify and seize opportunities to improve and standardize processes across multiple locations and functional roles
- Direct the activities of QA groups in multiple locations. Promote consistency in execution and results through the process maturity of the QA function.
- Drive continuous improvement and efficiency through process enhancement, automation, including efficient use of contract QA resources.
- Manage the headcount for the QA department.
- Manage and mentor staff including annual staff appraisals and performance reviews.
- Assist in roadmap and resource planning to meet the project deliverables.
- Provide technical and strategic leadership in our QA department.
- Execution of QA-owned elements of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), participation in the refinement of our relationships with internal business partners
- Foster an environment of recognition, innovation, and partnership amongst Quality Assurance Application staff and our business partners
- Manage the QA budget, vendor relationships, and overall testing infrastructure and its evolution
What you need to bring:
We're looking for a passionate leader at the level Director/Senior Director who has experience with the following:
- Extensive experience in leading multiple teams for large-scale SaaS companies.
- You will need to know in depth how QA operates in the best SaaS platforms - infrastructure, CI/CD, databases, backend, frontend, analytics, metrics, BI, data engineering, integrations, data science and architecture. An applicable experience building SaaS platforms is preferred.
- Experience designing and developing automation test frameworks, knowledge of the leading test automation platforms and tools.
- Experience in scaling and managing global and diverse teams - North and South America, EMEA. Attract, retain, develop talent at all levels - Managers and individual contributors. Understand how to build and improve engineering culture.
- Strong decision making skills, ability to operate autonomously, to extract and prioritize information, and to exercise good judgment calls. Experience scoping and leading complex multi-team and multi-year initiatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to drive outcomes and be articulate with technical and non-technical audiences. Create effective frameworks for feedback and solutions on complex topics. Able to operate effectively in a cross-functional organization collaborating with product, and business partners.
- Process improvement mentality. Track record of growth of engineering efficiency through tools, data driven approach and team organization.
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and the option of fully remote work
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday
- Opportunity to make a difference; help merchants grow their businesses and become more successful by creating or improving products and addressing customer feedback
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Opportunities to learn and expand your skill set
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Volunteer day
- LinkedIn Learning License
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!