Lightspeed is seeking a part-time (min. 20h/week) HR Coordinator to join our Ghent office. The ideal candidate possesses strong organizational skills, has high respect for confidentiality and is extremely attentive to detail. Reporting to the Director of Operations, EMEA, the HR Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties to ensure our HR department in Ghent is organized and operating efficiently.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place thanks to Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Manage a fleet of vehicles and car policies
- Assist in the creation, scanning and maintenance of all personnel record-keeping functions such as current and former employee files, contracts, etc.
- Prepare documentation and letters as needed for employee related job changes, confirmation of employment, and other requests
- Extract time and attendance records and review work hours for completeness and accuracy
- Verify, process and administer documentation related to various HR activities
- Create and process purchases for departmental invoices, expense reports, and onboarding kit inventory
- Maintain HR templates and shared documents
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating of events as needed
- Provide general administrative support to the HR team and take on HR projects as needed
- Support the Senior HRBP & Global Mobility Specialist with local global mobility
- Ensure all global mobility files are up to date
- Complete routine global mobility audits in both HRIS and filing system
- Track all global mobility fees
HRIS & Systems
- Ensure that all HRIS data is current, including personnel changes, salary and organizational particulars, time off requests and related payroll downloads.
- Ensure integrity of data through established internal control mechanisms
- Generate reports as required and/or requested
- Perform audits on system information and contents while maintaining strict confidentiality
- Verify completion of onboarding surveys and distribute to HR Business partners
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of HR, administration or executive assistant experience
- Professional Bachelor or equivalent experience
- Discretion and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to use/learn a variety of programs, including (but not limited to): MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Sheets/Docs and BambooHR (HRIS)
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Full working proficiency in Flemish
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- University degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- Experience with global mobility
- Experience with HR systems and data
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party in Amsterdam, the bi-annual company barbecues and many more;
- Free Friday afternoon drinks;
- Work with highly skilled people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!