Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Junior Accountant. Reporting to the Controller, the ideal candidate is self- motivated, possesses strong organizational skills, and is extremely attentive to detail.
The working environment is dynamic, and daily tasks include a variety of accounting duties. If you’re interested in the opportunity to expand your skills by working with the Finance team of a growing technology company, this may be the position for you.
Now we get to brag about us
Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place thanks to Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and newly acquired eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed is backed by Accel Partners, iNovia Capital, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), and Investissement Québec (IQ). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Bank reconciliations for all Lightspeed entities:
- Prepare daily bank reconciliations for multiple accounts
- Work with accountants in order to ensure adequate cash balances
- Reconcile payments received by various processors, and our internal systems and bank accounts
- Accounts receivable reconciliations
- Participate in the improvement of existing accounting processes and internal controls
- Assist in the preparation of documentation for the various audits
- Assist accounting team to meet deadlines and organize day to day activities
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- 2 years of experience in a similar position
- DEC in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Adept at handling sensitive documents
- Fluency in English
Even better if you have:
- Proficiency in any accounting system
- Brew up? We have a full self-service coffee set up in the office featuring coffee from Australia’s finest roasters.
- Collaboration with international teams in Australia, Canada and Europe.
- Work hard and play hard with office table tennis
- Team building events
- Competitive HMO and benefits
- Awesome modern office space located in Ortigas
- Flexible work from home policy
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!