Lightspeed is currently looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Montreal-based Product team. A Product designer at Lightspeed is responsible for the best experiences within our product. It’s more than just crafting pretty visuals (although we really like those as well). Whether it’s an amazing experience you’re designing or that perfect icon, our Design team is involved in making sure everything Lightspeed launches looks and feels amazing.
You love to use Apple’s peerless toolkit for designing iOS experiences and are excited about bringing the newest experiences possible to Lightspeed on iPad and iPhone. You are facing crashes on a daily base since you’re using the latest betas to get a head start on everybody else. You'll be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions that shape the product. You’ll use your full range of skills from product design, interaction design, and visual design to build great experiences. If the idea of your designs being used in fast-paced environments around the world gets you excited, this may be the position for you!
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place thanks to Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and newly acquired eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed is backed by Accel Partners, iNovia Capital, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), and Investissement Québec (IQ). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Produce user interface design elements to bring features and products to market
- Create wireframes and prototypes for testing and quick feedback
- Interact directly with software developers to define application workflows and screen layouts
- Have close collaboration with the global product design team to make sure all products strive to the best
- Speak to customers for input and validation of designs
- Help creating amazing experiences for our users and make them fall in love at first sight for those mind blowing interactions
- Provide creative consultation & solutions for a variety of interactive and visual design related requests
- Be able to create stunning visuals that surprises and enlightens our users
- 5+ years of experience designing iOS applications
- You are experienced in solving problems and can distill them into simple and elegant solutions
- Have launched at least one digital product before and understand why it failed/succeeded
- Ability to understand technical implementations and limitations
- Prior experience in prototyping techniques and user-centred design principles on commercially available products
- Have a great sense for aesthetics and could both work with or extend the Lightspeed brand/style
- Education in Graphic Design or Human Computer Interaction, or equivalent experience
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and variations; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches.
- Experience working within development teams using agile development methodologies
- Prior experience in a design team
- HTML5/CSS/JS experience
- Sketch experience
- Framer experience
- Xcode experience
And when you’re not designing?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!