Kounta by Lightspeed is the go-to platform for hospitality.
Kounta by Lightspeed is an Australian food service technology expert that works with people who love to produce, sell and consume food – so they can connect better, work faster and smarter, and keep growing.
Off the back of Kounta’s recent acquisition by Lightspeed, we have a huge opportunity to accelerate our growth in the APAC region by perfecting the way we take our products and brand to market.
As our Product Marketing Specialist, you will define the narrative to help share Lightspeed’s story with the ANZ market: owning positioning, messaging, and go-to-market planning for each of Lightspeed’s products and features. In the past year alone, we've launched several major products that complement our point of sale.. with plenty more to come.
You will be the expert in our buyers behaviour. You will unearth and leverage all the emotion felt in the buying process to show time-starved hospitality, retail and e-commerce operators that they absolutely need Lightspeed to thrive. Not only will you be responsible for prospect-facing messaging, you will also be a key driver in feature activation, upsell and cross-sell strategy to our existing customers.
Bottom line, this is a core role at the heart of all operations, from product development to marketing to sales, and you are a rock star that can make it all happen.
- Develop positioning and messaging that makes Lightspeed’s value proposition irresistible amongst a sea of competitors
- Embed yourself in the Product Team; actively engage with customers in Pilot phases of new product activities to test messaging and gather feedback
- Lead market research as it relates to positioning and messaging Lightspeed; interview customers, conduct closed lost analysis, map the competitive landscape, and leverage any research necessary to fully inform your work
- Plan the marketing launch of new products and features, then manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Coordinate the creation of content (ie: product videos, website copy, landing pages, blog posts, case studies, sales enablement materials and other marketing assets), in line with brand voice, to articulate the benefits of our products and increase engagement and conversion
- Mastermind and execute product engagement strategy (ie, upsell & cross sell, as well as, feature / integration adoption) to help our customers & leads see Lightspeed’s full value
- Develop and execute owned channel campaigns (eDM, in-app etc.) that deliver on your product marketing objectives
- Develop detailed paid channel campaign briefs (social, search etc.) for Performance / Growth marketing specialists to execute, that support your product marketing objectives
- Measure the success of these initiatives and optimize your approach based on the data
- Gain a deep understanding of the customer lifecycle and track product conversion funnels in order to constantly refine your marketing focus and engagement strategy
- Work with the Product Managers to ensure product, marketing, sales, and service are fully aligned on how we promote the benefits of Lightspeed and its products
- Demonstrated passion for Product Marketing with 2-3+ years of experience, ideally in B2B, and even better in food service / hospitality
- Experience developing and driving Saas marketing strategies including segmentation and positioning
- Proven ability to impact customer buying behaviours, including increased conversion and cross sell rates
- Competency in creating briefs, scripts and wireframes for content producers, designers and developers
- Proven ability to ask great questions to unearth valuable customer insights
- Exceptional collaboration skills
- High EQ, you get people
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to self-prioritise and manage multiple projects and stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and you’re a damn good copywriter
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience using analytics tools. i.e. Google Analytics, Heap Analytics
- Experience with Hubspot, Salesforce and Wordpress a plus
- Flexible working arrangements
- Brew up? We have a full self-service cafe set up in the office featuring coffee from Australia’s finest roasters (think Sample, Industry Beans etc.), with our very own coffee experts floating around to teach you a trick or two
- Gelato Messina fridge stocked with new flavours on a regular basis
- Fully stocked fridge of different craft beers #PoweredByLightspeed
- Regular wine tasting sessions #PoweredByLightspeed
- Work hard and play hard with table tennis and foosball
- Organised activities such as hackathons, board game nights
- Awesome new office space located in Chippendale
Lightspeed hires the best and brightest. You’ll be joining a team who love creating unique experiences for our partners and customers.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Lightspeed employees or any other company location. Lightspeed is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!