Do you have a passion for delivering high-quality software that is used on a global scale? Are you looking to join a dynamic company with a fast-paced environment that focuses on innovative products?
Lightspeed is looking for a Quality Test Developer II to join our Ireland-based Quality Management team. This position will be responsible for building and solidifying our product testing, acceptance test, and test case design strategies, and coordinating defect management as part of Lightspeed’s team. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership, mentorship, and structure to the rapidly growing team.
- Create test cases and test plans to identify software problems
- Supporting the team in identifying, collecting and managing test data
- Supporting the team in conducting test analysis activities necessary to effectively define, prioritize and write test scenarios
- Collecting data/metrics required to effectively assess quality/test status and prepare progress reports
- Monitoring and reporting on quality at all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Designing and reviewing test suites, automated test strategies & solutions
- Reviewing test cases and evaluating the results of test cases & suites
- Aligning Quality Control plans with Lightspeed’s objectives
- Developing a quality framework to improve efficiency and effectiveness for delivery of releases
- Enforcing approved Quality/Test policies, procedures and standards that need to be followed by projects
- Reviewing test deliverables prepared by the test team to ensure consistency, value and quality of deliverables
- Identifying and proposing process improvements, managing their implementation and evaluating results
- A proven track record for testing commercial software applications with 3+ years of testing experience, preferably testing business and database-driven applications
- 2+ years hands on experience with Automation Frameworks like Selenium, Webdriver, Cypress, Appium etc.
- High Proficiency in scripting languages such a Ruby, Python or similar
- Experienced in TDD and BDD.
- Experience with CI environments such as Circle CI, Travis, or Jenkins
- Excellent creative, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Established mastery of test strategy, test scenario, and reusable test case designs
- Experience writing clear and reproducible defect reports
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills, with experience communicating issues and defects clearly to developers
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Experience with manual & automated test solutions
- Experience with data quality, performance and security testing
- Experience with testing iOS, Mac and Cloud applications
- Understanding of retail POS and e-commerce systems
- Knowledge of payment industry PCI, PA-DSS compliance requirements
What’s in it for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!