Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Receptionist to join our Admin team at our 800 person office in a castle-style building in Downtown Montreal! You will be responsible for managing the activities of our fast-paced and growing office together with our Office Manager.
What you’ll be doing:
- Greet our visitors pleasantly
- Handle incoming and outgoing office mail, including shipping and receiving
- Manage the ordering pantry and kitchen supplies (make sure we always have everything we need)
- Support and assist with employee travel booking
- Ensure that filing is complete and up to date - be the one people go to when they need to find something fast
- Support in office management including cleaning, repair, and maintenance service provider contracts for Lightspeed’s Montreal office, and coordinate work when necessary
- Help with special projects as necessary
- Assist Lightspeed’s Office Manager with the execution of internal events
- Answer and direct incoming calls; provide great customer service, and make sure everyone is connected to the resource they need
What you need to bring:
We’re a team of 17 people located all around the world. Our team is responsible for you and the public! For Lightspeeders, we’re here to make your life easier by removing the barriers to tasks that take away from you completing what is in your job description.
We're looking for a Junior candidate who has experience with the following:
- Perfect written and spoken English and French
- Proven experience in administration or office coordination
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Excellent typing and multi-tasking skills
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- RRSP Contribution
- $500 Health & Wellness Credit
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental Health Online Platform, and counselling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning License
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!