Reporting to the Manager, Underwriting, you will work on Compliance and Underwriting functions and examine sub-merchant applications for legal compliance requirements and adherence to company guidelines.
You will join our Payments Operations team and will play an integral role in the preliminary risk assessment process. Through its suite of products, Lightspeed processes billions in transaction volume. You will help us build the team, processes, and systems to ensure we effectively, and profitably, evaluate risk and underwrite our clients.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Identify and approve good payment business opportunities to help grow margin while rejecting/declining deals that are assessed to be outside of Lightspeed’s risk appetite.
- Conduct risk assessment and accord of applications in the underwriting queue within assigned businesses, in line with acceptable risks as defined within the payment operation policies.
- Perform due diligence in support of all sub-merchant applications.
- Interact with the sales teams to help potential payment customers secure payment products and services.
- Protect the interests of Lightspeed by ensuring the sub-merchant application is being adjudicated in accordance with assigned discretionary limits and established guidelines.
- Help design procedures for escalating suspect fraud cases: creating mechanisms by which risk-appropriate adjustments can be incorporated within the fraud management process to reduce potential losses.
- Contribute to operational improvements to streamline procedures/processes and enhance service.
- Assist with weekly, and monthly reporting for the Underwriting department as a means of providing intelligence to various stakeholders.
- Escalate with recommendation those applications that exceed discretionary limits and established guidelines.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Experience in Risk, Payments, Credit, Lending or within the Banking industry
- Credit and risk acumen with knowledge of risk and underwriting investigation
- Excellent communication in both French and English (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of various sanction lists and compliance policies
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other business-related field
- Knowledge of Risk and underwriting tools
- Experience in the rulling of complex sub-merchant applications
- Knowledge of card brand (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) rules; merchant category codes
- Working knowledge of the payments industry/merchant acquiring is preferred.
Who you are
- You have the natural curiosity to investigate and understand when something is wrong
- You have a logic mindset and can come up with conclusions with little information
What’s in it for you
- Autonomy, flexible work culture and exposure to a global business environment
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- A chance to be a part of an operations team building the foundations of a global payments business
- Growth opportunities within Payment Operations - Fraud Prevention, Underwriting, Compliance
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!