Lightspeed is seeking a commercial/corporate lawyer to serve as a key strategic partner to its growing European operations. The ideal candidate is ambitious, self-motivated, possesses strong organizational skills, has 6-10 years of broad corporate transactional and commercial experience gained in a fast-paced environment and is extremely attentive to detail. Reporting to the General Counsel & Corporate Secretary in Canada, this is your chance to play a key role in building out the European legal function of an extremely fast-paced international technology company.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one point of sale system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Provide support on complex, cross-functional projects and ad hoc analysis.
- Draft, review and negotiate service contracts for large customers, strategic partners, resellers and suppliers.
- Advise and manage a variety of M&A and similar transactions.
- Manage corporate legal requirements of entities in several European countries.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to stakeholders including the Sales, Marketing, Product Development, Support, Accounts Receivables, Finance, Human Resources, and Information Technology.
- Assist with litigation management, employment matters, data protection (particularly GDPR) and other compliance matters.
- Develop, draft, revise, administer, implement and interpret the company’s compliance policies, procedures and programs.
- Use judgement, make recommendations, and solve legal or business problems, sometimes within tight deadlines.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies and government authorities as required.
- Participate in the training of colleagues and stakeholder groups.
- Assist in managing outside counsel engagements.
- Work on ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Assist with special requests from the executive team.
- Master’s degree in Law
- Experience working with cloud-based software and payments companies
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Very pragmatic
- Adept problem solver
- Strong knowledge of SaaS-contract terms and conditions, including liability, indemnity, limitation of liability and IP considerations
- Deep understanding of European data protection and cybersecurity matters including GDPR
- Detail-oriented, autonomous, and able to take initiative
- Able to handle a high volume of assignments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English and Dutch
- French/German language skills
- In-house experience
Naast de voordelen op de Careers page, krijg je toegang tot:
- Een nieuw kantoor aan de Amsterdamse grachten
- Een omgeving die initiatief en leiderschap aanmoedigt
- Leuke activiteiten met je team - wees onderdeel van de Lightspeed familie
- Het hele jaar door sociale activiteiten, inclusief het legendarische jaarlijkse feest, gratis sportlessen en veel meer
- Dagelijks Lunch en snacks door een goede cateraar
- Gratis drankjes op vrijdagmiddag