Senior Manager, Global Benefits
Benefits are more than just benefits. It is the glue that binds together. It is that crucial part of the employee value proposition that creates a common experience and promotes our physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
Own the future of our global benefits program – be the glue master - at an amazing Canadian tech company. We’re building a People & Culture team and we’re building the future of Lightspeed. The Senior Manager, Global Benefits will report into our VP of Total Rewards and is an integral role on our Total Rewards team. We have presence all over the globe, and we’re continuing to expand. You will be responsible for ensuring that our benefits offering is competitive, and that it’s a smooth, impressive experience for our colleagues. By benefits we mean health and welfare plans, savings programs, and non-cash compensation total reward programs. Fundamentally our benefits investment needs to promote what we value, support our demographics and delight our colleagues in every country. It needs to be thoughtful, centered around complete wellness, and not at all standard.
- Drive a global benefits strategy that aligns with and supports Lightspeed’s culture and ambitious business objectives while accounting for country specific requirements.
- Regularly review and propose global benefits plans and employee programs that are innovative, cost-responsible and truly meaningful to our employees.
- Partner with key stakeholders to lead employee education efforts to enhance the perceived value of our non-cash compensation total rewards programs.
- Participate in benefit analysis and implementation as needed for M&A due diligence through integration.
- Manage new location benefit program analysis and set-up as part of our international total rewards strategy.
- Continually keep the “pulse” of employee feedback regarding benefits and other day-to-day obstacles.
- Work closely with brokers globally in conducting benchmark analyses to identify trends in industry and with competitors to provide locally competitive benefits programs.
- Ensure compliance, auditing and proper filings are conducted and thorough in every country
- Work closely with internal Finance and broker partners to track benefits spend, analyze trends, and ensure proper inputs for annual budgeting process.
- Provide strategic direction to effectively evaluate, design, propose, implement, and communicate the benefits strategy, programs, policies, and initiatives that competitively position Lightspeed to attract, retain and motivate talent.
- Work collaboratively with the People & Culture team, finance, legal and most of all, all of our global colleagues to develop unique, targeted and value-add benefits strategies and implementations across the company.
- Extensive experience implementing innovative global benefits/total rewards programs designed to delight the needs of global demographics.
- In depth knowledge of global benefits design, implementation and administration (health and welfare plans, savings plans, employee policies)
- You are motivated by working in a fast-paced, high-growth, innovative company
- You have had experience proactively managing relevant vendors and negotiating contracts for related products and services.
- You can put together compelling presentations and are able to work with complex spreadsheets
- You see and can create the common themes in a world of different cultures.
- You can work with external vendors and not let them get the best of you.
- You are motivated by travelling to meet our global colleagues, understand their needs and help implement solutions.
What’s in It for You?
You have the opportunity to join a fast-paced, industry leading global organization headquartered in the Canadian market. You will be exposed to and have autonomy to solve challenging problems that enable the company to grow and succeed. You will learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark. At lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!