Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is on the lookout for a passionate full-time Senior Back-End Developer to join our Montreal-based Development team working on our core product. The primary role for this position is to work on our cloud-based software, Lightspeed Retail.
Don’t mistake us for a typical corporation. We are not looking for just a team member, we’re searching for someone to enrich our family. We will let you write the code and bring your ideas. We will believe in you and give you creative freedom to allow you to do the best work of your life. Sounds familiar? Perfect! We’ve got what it takes to keep you feeling challenged and empowered.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You have worked on large projects and your background is in PHP and/or Go.You’re a natural-born problem-solver and always game to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe. You enjoy learning things that you’ve never touched before. This is your chance to intimately collaborate with a small team, to take on big projects that greatly improve our core products. We love critical thinkers who like to question why we do things this way and want to do better. Change agents are everywhere at Lightspeed, are you one of them? That comes with taking ownership of the code you write, coupled with strong architectural skills. If you want to do the best work of your life while being surrounded by talented colleagues, we think we should talk.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Work as part of a team to deliver product features and functionality
- Translate requirements into conceptual and detailed designs with estimates
- Help design & architect software for a wide range of services and systems in a large SaaS environment
- Develop clean, maintainable code in a continuous integration + continuous deployment environment
- Actively provide constructive feedback to other developers through code review
- Assist QA and Support staff in troubleshooting software issues as well as implementing bug fixes
- 5+ years experience developing reliable, highly available and scalable software (preferably in a scalable SaaS setting)
- Experience with object oriented languages such as PHP and/or Go.
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests
- Experience with relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Proven skills in server side resource profiling, optimization and debugging
- Good understanding of Design Patterns
- Experience with GCP (Google Cloud Platform) or AWS
- Basic proficiency in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with Git/Github
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience in a continuous delivery model
- Experience in building APIs
- Experience with event based and messaging systems
- Experience deploying and maintaining software in a production environment
- Experience with Payment processing, Point of Sale (POS) and/or eCommerce
And when you’re not programming?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Working with highly skilled people
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!