Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
- We work in small focused agile product squads where every member of the team can contribute ideas and shape features from the early conception right through to delivery. We’re continually developing and improving our tools and processes in order to deliver better product as well as team quality and productivity.
- You'll work alongside other brilliant engineers to craft robust systems and beautiful interfaces. You'll write clear, performant, testable and elegant code and be a strong advocate for modern development practices. Collaborate with others in technical discussions, code reviews and architecture reviews.
You'll have the opportunity to work on different areas of multiple products depending on your skillset and preference. We have a game changing roadmap of current and new products and projects in the pipeline with many exciting development opportunities such as
- Building new microservices using NodeJs and Typescript while leveraging AWS suite of services
- Creating microfrontends using React or potentially newer frontend frameworks such as Svelte
- Working on our flagship Hospitality platform and services in Java
- Work with big data on reporting for our customers while utilising Machine Learning
- Native application development using React Native
- API development and integrations with the Lightspeed platform
- At least 2 years commercial experience as a software engineer
- Collaborative, test-driven, and agile full-stack development
NodeJs or GoLang, and Java as a plus
- Advanced SQL (MySQL, Postgres)
- Design patterns such as OOD, MVC and SOLID principles
- Analytical mind with strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Jest, Jasmine, Karma, Playwright, Cypress, Selenium and other testing frameworks/tools
- CircleCI, Travis or other CI/CD platform
- Typescript, Flowtype
- Redis, Memcached, DynamoDB and other NoSQL data stores
- Experience in the Java ecosystem (Spring boot, Maven, Mockito, JUnit, Hibernate)
- Experience building microservices (Node, Golang, Serverless, API Gateway, Lambda, Amplify, AppSync, GraphQL)
- Familiarity with the whole AWS ecosystem (EC2, RDS, Aurora, ElastiCache, ElasticBeanstalk, SQS, SNS, etc.)
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with native iOS/Android app development in Obj-C, Swift, React Native, Java, Kotlin a plus
- Security and cryptography (including OAuth 2.0 and XSS countermeasures)
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Dog-friendly environment
- Full self-service cafe and fully stocked fridge of different craft beers
- Awesome office space located in Chippendale, NSW
Our office is closed in response to the Covid-19 pandemic and when we do choose to reopen, it will be done following government guidelines ensuring the safety of all our staff.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!