Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager: API Platform & Integrations. A person that will be able to translate our roadmap into features but most importantly defining and driving a strategic API product vision across the company.
You’ll be responsible for guiding our API Platform Squad and leading our API vision towards a best in class API Product & Platform Strategy.
In order to anticipate the digital transformation of modern restaurateurs as well as technical and business challenges and market needs and opportunities, you'll work to define a product positioning in line with the business and development strategy. To achieve this you’ll work hand in hand with product managers, architects, developers.
You understand the needs and expectations of our API Users, internal or external, and you’ll bring our entire team and product unit together around a Product vision — you will give meaning and share what we see for the product in the short, medium, and long term terms.
You will have a direct impact on our products and the company. You will help developers leverage our interfaces to create great products and features that will enhance our value proposition for our customers and power our market leadership.
- Thrust and augment our API Product Strategy by improving processes, tools, documentation and best practices
- Participate in the identification of our developers needs internally and externally
- Manage and expand our API ecosystem
- Ensure the scalability, performance and reliability of our APIs
- Contribute to the long term vision of the “API as a Product”
- Lead and enable the marketplace strategy
- Update and Evangelize the roadmap
- Facilitate fast decision making thanks to your problem solving attitude
You want to build an API Platform that scales and empowers developers. You’re eager to create a marketplace that will help the company scale while providing value to our customers. Thanks to your “API as a Product” expertise and experience you are able to explain your decisions to technical and business stakeholders. You’re able to adapt your explanations to your audience, manage stakeholder expectations effectively and proactively. You know how to efficiently share your ideas in writing or speaking. You love collaborating across departments and regions. You excel at summarizing complex information and focus on what matters most.
We hire curious, daring, humble people and give them a lot of latitude to learn and create. We’re much more interested in what you’ve been doing since you graduated than in your degree.
We’re looking for a seasoned technical product manager with solid experience in API Platform related product management in a B2B environment.
Ideally, you have:
- At least five years of experience API Platform product management or a similar experience
- You have strong analytical skills and are data driven
- You have recognized experience on projects where everything has yet to be done
- You’re not afraid to start from a blank page or rescue a project to steer it in the right direction
- You’re able to juggle with numerous constraints and simply complex problems
- You’re able understand the complexity of our stack
- You’ve had an experience with building a marketplace
- Prioritization and time management are a given for you
- Your colleagues appreciate your talent for coordination
- Strong written and spoken english, all internal documentation is in English and you will be contributing to it
What's in it for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Full suite of benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!