Lightspeed is seeking a full-time Tax Manager (intermediate) to assist in managing the global tax functions. Reporting to the Corporate Tax Manager, the ideal candidate is self-motivated, possesses strong organizational skills, and is extremely attentive to detail. The working environment is dynamic, and daily tasks include a variety of tax duties. If you’re interested in the opportunity to expand your skills by working with the Finance team of a growing public technology company, this may be the position for you.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Work within the tax function to assist in global income tax accounting and worldwide tax compliance processes
- Coordinate with external advisors in the preparation of tax returns for global entities
- Coordinate month-end financial reporting procedures including reconciling tax accounts, preparing internal control documentation, and some filing obligations
- Prepare responses to audit and notice requests from tax authorities
- Help with the integration of potential merger and acquisition activities
- Provide cash tax estimates and effective tax rate forecasts to the Financial Planning & Analysis group for budgeting and forecasting purposes
- Support the preparation and submission of R&D tax credit claims
What you’ll bring to the team
- 2-5 years of experience of accounting and industry tax experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- Familiar with US and Canadian taxes
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Adept at handling sensitive documents
- Fluency in English
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Familiar with European or Australian-Pacific taxes
- Fluency in French
- Experience with NetSuite
- Transfer pricing, M&A, equity compensation experience
- Experience working in public or other SaaS/technology companies
What's in It for you
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- An opportunity to learn and grow in a scaling technology company, all while seeing your direct impact
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal (return to office is to be determined);
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!