The Vice-President of Corporate Communications is a critical and highly visible leadership role at Lightspeed. In this role you will work closely with the CEO, CFO and President as well as other senior members of the leadership team to ensure that external and internal communication strategies result in positive public relations and marketing actions. You will develop and maintain relationships with contacts within the industry, and ensure both external and internal communications are consistent.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - businesses who process transactions use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Develop and execute corporate and strategic communication strategies both internally and externally.
- Develop compelling narratives that differentiate Lightspeed and build affinity and positive reputation in the minds of stakeholders
- Lead the development and execution of a Corporate Communications Strategy, translating corporate goals into plans that integrate internal and external communications through identified channels.
- Build processes for leadership to escalate and calibrate around company-level crisis communications.
- Develop and deliver ongoing thought leadership programs, leveraging Lightspeed’s senior leadership in various appearances, speeches and publications.
- Oversee management of media issues and opportunities that support and protect Lightspeed’s brand.
- Establish and cultivate relationships alongside other corporate and public affairs peers and stakeholders.
- Conduct competitive analysis, including the development of industry and peer company performance benchmarks.
- Set and be accountable for the delivery of key business objectives for the Corporate Communications function.
- Bachelor's or university degree in a related field; an MBA would be an asset.
- At least ten (10) years' experience in progressively senior leadership positions with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in a public company.
- Ability to communicate clearly and convincingly with all internal and external stakeholders, while commanding the respect and the support of peers
- Experience working with the media (including financial media)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to review financial, market, analyst reports and materials prepared by others for factual correctness and key conclusions/accuracy
- Knowledge of public company disclosure rules, policies and practices with the Canadian Securities commissions
- Demonstrated experience writing scripts and presentation materials for C level communications
- Excellent skills in managing difficult or complex situations, including crises
- Fluency in English and French (spoken and written)
And what about the rest?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!